Another Award & Life’s Little Coincidences
Don’t want to bombard you people with non-food related posts, but when life – or rather someone – throws an award your way, it’s simply appropriate to acknowledge it…
When I passed on the Liebster Award to Wendy of Chez Chloe last week, she emailed me her thanks and said that funnily she was just about to send me an award, too. And here it is, the Kreativ Blogger Award. Thank you very, very much, Wendy!
The info I got on this Kreativ Blogger award is that it comes with the following rules:
1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on those blogs to let them know they have been nominated.
So let’s get the 7 things about me over with first:
1. Most white wines give me a headache so I don’t even try them anymore, but I use them for cooking.
2. I abhor seafood. According to my mother, I ate fish until I was five years old, then suddenly stopped. Even though I think most shrimp and prawn stuff looks good in food pics, I wouldn’t touch it. Colleagues and friends are already used to having to sit as far away from me as possible if they eat seafood because it actually nauseates me and totally puts me off my own food.
3. I really, really don’t like going on vacation on my own, but have nevertheless decided to do so this year – stay tuned…
4. At the end of February I vehemently told a friend that I couldn’t imagine doing any kind of sports this year, not even riding my beloved mountain bike. Two weeks later the same friend became my running coach, I’ve been running twice a week since, and I love it!
5. I’ve started a lot of things, or hobbies, in my life and then didn’t see them through. I always seem to hang on until I have a sort of half-knowledge and can get by on that, then something, or someone, irritates me and I don’t want to do it anymore and move on to something else. Let’s see how long I’ll stick with blogging 😉
6. When I’m driving I have two different personas: the “good day” persona who sings almost all the way to work (albeit only on roads where no one can see me singing, e.g. on the motorway where you’re going too fast for people to see you, but never at a traffic light!) In that mode I am calm and feel superior to other drivers and the stupid things they do on the road. Then there’s the “bad day” persona who gets road rage and screams at the other drivers for the stupid things they do on the road. Luckily no one can hear me, although in summer I sometimes forget I have the windows open…
7. When I laugh out loud you will probably hear me. No matter where you are in the world. Yes, it’s very, very loud. People either find that very annoying, or they laugh with me – even when they have no idea why I’m laughing.
And now for the 7 blogs I’d like to pass the Kreativ Blogger award on to (in no particular order):
1. Two Loves – The blog header alone is already incredibly creative, and Rachel Jane combines her two loves of food and photography in this blog.
2. Kitchen Simplicity – Cheri strives to – and does – inspire people to get into the kitchen and cook from scratch and realise it’s not really difficult to do so. Her repertoire includes a great variety of great recipes, including gluten-free and home-made baking mixes.
3. London Eats – Not just creative and pretty seasonal headers – this blog has inspired me quite a few times, with ingredients that intrigue, or classic recipes made with a twist.
4. Ambrosia – If you have a sweet tooth, this is the place to go. Nina’s concoctions will make you want to run to the kitchen and bake…
5. Craving Chronicles – Theresa makes and bakes the loveliest creations, accompanied by pretty pictures, and is regularly featured on FoodPress.
6. Little Upside-Down Cake – Sanda’s blog is not just about life in the kitchen but also about her life in Portugal, and her posts are both in English and Portuguese. Great recipes and loooooovely photography (that I wish I could pull off…).
7. @ Down Under – A beautiful New Zealand blog featuring everything from recipes to creative stuff to photography – all in one location.
Looking forward to future visits to all of these blogs, and I hope so will you!