Way back in March, when one my posts was featured on Freshly Pressed, I was one of 11 lucky people given a “Stylish Blogger Award” by Melissa over at Life is Grace. Thank you again, Melissa, and apologies for taking so long to pass this award on!
You’re supposed to pass this award on to other bloggers, and also share seven things about yourself. I’m not sure why it took me so long to get to the task of passing on this award, maybe I was baulking at the sharing seven things bit. Also, there are so many stylish blogs out there, it is really difficult to choose, and you don’t want to step on anyone’s toes either (I mean food bloggers coming to my blog) by not nominating them.
There are so many blogs I follow, and for many different reasons. I’m always drawn to good photography, to unusual recipes, but also to people’s style of writing. So I went through my subscriptions and bookmarks, and had a good look at which blogs I like style-wise because of the pictures, the layout, the colour scheme etc.
As for the list of seven things to share – let’s get that out of the way first:
- I like very orderly kept houses and flats, but I know I will never achieve the very bit of it. In my place, there’s always a box of this or that which needs sorting out or putting away. But I’m working on it – especially when I expect guest for dinner…
- On that same theme: I bought new kitchen storage cupboards before Easter. The doors of these are still standing in my hallway, waiting to be attached. Even though the cupboards have been fully stocked since Easter. But that’s probably material for an altogether separate post…
- I have kitchen envy. I see the kitchens of my friends, or pictures of other people’s kitchens, and I know I will never have anything like it, and I get soooo envious.
- I am a total Anglophile. I used to live and work in Reading, England, for a year in my 20s, and I still regret to this day not having stayed for good. I try to go over there every once in a while, but not nearly often enough.
- I fantasize about running a Bed & Breakfast. Preferably somewhere in a coastal town of the UK. This fantasy is always preceded by the one of me winning the lottery.
- I’m sure I’ve mentioned often enough on this blog that I like inviting people over for dinner. I don’t just like it, I LOVE it. It makes me totally happy when people accept an invitation and I can cook to my heart’s content for them.
- I have stopped eating at our company cafeteria about a year ago. Fatty, processed food. Need I say more? I started cooking double amounts at home, one portion for my dinner, the other I take to work and reheat in the microwave at the cafeteria, so I can still spend my lunch hour with my colleagues. What I would love to do is take over the cafeteria kitchen for a day to see if it’s really that difficult to make something healthy and appetising on their budget. Does that make me a megalomaniac? Alternatively, I’d be content setting up a stall on the company premises selling light lunches 😀
So, on to the award. With all the ones I’ve chosen – in alphabetical order -, I love the style of photography, the way it is presented, and the design of the blog.
5 And Spice by Emily
17 and Baking by Elissa
Cooking for Seven by Erica
Honey & Jam by Hannah
Local Kitchen by Kaela
Lost & Fawned by Lindsey
Shoots And Roots by Melissa
The Craving Chronicles by Theresa
The Kitchen Generation by Elissa, Hannah, Kamran, Lauren & Tessa
Although quite a few of them are already well known due to exposure over at FoodPress, maybe you, too, will find something new and interesting there.