Early Xmas Present – The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
I just received a lovely early Xmas present from Fae of Fae’s Twist & Tango – the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thank you very much, Fae!
As it happens, this award comes at a time when I feel totally inspired by lots of wintery food and ingredients – even though you haven’t seen any of it yet here on this blog – and have quite a long list of things I want to make and give a try.
There are two things that have been holding me back a little, one of them being the fact that even though I try not to make more than three appointments a week to meet friends or go out, my calendar seems to have developed a life of its own and is quite filled up, so I feel I’m lacking time a little. The other thing is that with it being dark very early now, I tend to wait until the weekend to cook or bake and take pictures in daylight. So everything gets crammed into Saturday and Sunday. And I don’t like that feeling of having to get everything done in those two days, so I’ve been procrastinating a little.
But as I said, I have lots of stuff on my to cook/to bake list, so hopefully you’ll find some of it inspiring, too, once I manage to blog it all.
Until then, here – according to the rules this award brings with it – are another 7 random facts about me:
- Although people keep trying to convince me to give dark, i.e. 70% plus, chocolate another try I will not. I will spit it out!
- My favourite piece of clothing is shoes. I LOVE shoes!
- I get envious a lot – I have a serious case of kitchen and house envy! When I see other people’s huge kitchens and houses with spare rooms they don’t know what to do with, I get envious, and it’s like a movie going on in my head about how I would furnish those kitchens and houses. One room would definitely be a props storage room!
- I would love to make a career change and do something terribly creative. Only I have no idea what I’d like to do, and then there’s the money aspect…
- I used to detest marzipan until I was about 19. From then on nothing could keep me away from it. I have no recollection of what made me try it again, though.
- Almost everywhere you go here or are invited you get a glass of prosecco as an aperitif. Unfortunately, I don’t care for that at all and wish someone would make G&T “the new prosecco”…
- I want to get my spontaneity back! In my youth it was all about “Let’s go/drive to….” on a whim. These days I feel the need to plan everything through. Maybe this should be an item on my list of new year’s resolutions.
And here are the inspiring blogs I want to pass on the award to (although I’m sorry to say I didn’t come up with the required 15 at short notice). I’ve passed on other awards to some of these people, but as I decided to choose the ones that have inspired me to try something new, it couldn’t be helped.
- Kristina from MD Kitchen – Quite a few things on my to make list come from ideas triggered by some dish or ingredient I read about on Kristina’s blog.
- Johnny from Feed The Piglet – I almost always find a surprise ingredient in his dishes as well as food combinations that make me wonder why I didn’t think of that.
- Neely from Neely Wang Photography & Design – One of her gorgeous pictures made me wonder why some photographers don’t mind lying down on the ground to take pictures while I ponder what other people might think. I am now on a mission to change that!
- Rachel Jane from Two Loves – Rachel, who combines her love of food and photography in her beautiful blog, is very inspiring in the way she goes about doing all things photography. And just looking at her colourful photography is inspiring!
- Caroline from Easy Peasy Food – Caroline’s dishes look simple yet absolutely delicious. Also, she makes do with one picture per post which I fear I will never be able to…
- Kate from Kate’s Creative Space – Although I would never get to make even half of the stuff Kate comes up with, just looking at how she puts her ideas into practice is a lot of fun.
Last but not least: I know I’ve ranted on here before about people not passing on awards. I will not do that this time, promise!
I’d never have thought about this blog being inspring, so thanks again to Fae for passing this award on to me!